Skip to main content

Yet Another Update Post (THE END?!)

Howdy, Rebels.

I feel the need to let everyone know that I'm going to take an intentional hiatus- you know, as opposed to the recent unintentional one- in September.

I have a month-ish worth of content lined up for August, because it's gonna be another themed month. So at least there's that.

I'm using the coming hiatus to work on another personal project, and it's not realistic for me to work on two things at once without a team. Or at least, without a blog team.

Lately I've got the feeling that with higher food and gas prices, and my need to write about obscure topics, I'm not going to have much to write about this year.

The Rebel Palate isn't going to end, necessarily, because I don't feel like it's been long enough, but I'm also not completely against stopping.

I've learned a lot about how blogging actually works, about myself, and obviously about the subjects I've covered. It wouldn't feel like a completely pointless endeavor if I quit. Even though I've gotten barely any recognition for all this work.

I kinda figure no one really cares anyway? Nobody really "interacts" with my content that much, so I figure this blog's disappearance will be a mild disappointment at worst. You know, if I actually stop posting forever.

I think there might still be a Month of The Weird, but I don't know if it'll be more than one post. All I know is I definitely have an idea for MOTW 2022.

So anyway, stay tuned and stay sexy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quest For The Biggy Iggy! (Part Two)

Happy Labor Day, rebels. In the first part, I found out not only are Biggy Iggy and Chewy Louie still around, they’re at Richmond Market of Richmond, Vermont. (Click here to jump to the recommended song, "The Swag" by Link Wray and his Ray Men!) Happy Labor Day, rebels. In the first part, I found out not only are Biggy Iggy and Chewy Louie still around, they’re at Richmond Market of Richmond, Vermont. And that using Google instead of DuckDuckGo and just letting the store’s website load would have gotten me that information much faster. The Biggy Iggy is a whopping seven ounce, 530 calorie ice cream sandwich that brags about its “premium vanilla ice cream” between two chocolate-chip cookies that stay chewy right out of the freezer. They also get a lot of hype by the people who have had them before. According to the Flash Microsite, one convenience store cashier said “Biggy Iggies sell like flapjacks on a cold morning in Wisconsin.” The people of Massachusetts...

DIY Birch Beer

(Click here to jump to the recommended song, An American Trilogy as performed by Elvis Presley!) Monday is Memorial Day, and what's more patriotic than making a beverage for your cookout using an ingredient from your own backyard? If you're a New Englander like me, you may have seen bottles of birch beer in restaurant fridges or even at your local grocery store. If you've never tasted it, it has a delighful wintergreen taste that slightly resembles root beer. I myself have drunk storebought versions and made my own for years! Now it's time to show you how. NOTE: This recipe takes HOURS to make, so you may want to do this on a day off... maybe Sunday!   Also, this is a non-alcoholic recipe. If you're looking for a fermented birch beer, there are plenty of other tutorials for that on equally rebellious blogs. ;) I may make such a tutorial myself once I'm of age. YOU WILL NEED: - Sharp, straight-edged knife - Mixing Bowl - Pot/Saucepan - Hella birch twigs - Sugar ...

Maple: Why a Fall Staple?

I've been confused about this for four years: WHY is maple syrup a fall flavor?! It's harvested in early spring! Well, I SORT of get an answer. (Click here to jump to the recommended song, Minnie The Moocher by Cab Calloway!) Howdy, rebels! Today I set out to answer a question nobody asked. In 2017, I noticed sudden mentions of maple syrup as a fall flavor. This confused the crap outta me. "But maple syrup is for early spring! Why is it a fall thing all of a sudden?" I asked. Now that this blog exists, I set out to find the answer, which turned out to be a lot of answers. Mostly guesses. We'll get to that. Prior to any research, I assumed it was something to do with location and availability. Since maple syrup is high in sugar, it keeps well and is available year-round. Perhaps leaf peepers come up here and buy maple syrup in fall, then associate the flavor with the season. I'm not satisfied with that answer...