Skip to main content

Yet Another Update Post (THE END?!)

Howdy, Rebels.

I feel the need to let everyone know that I'm going to take an intentional hiatus- you know, as opposed to the recent unintentional one- in September.

I have a month-ish worth of content lined up for August, because it's gonna be another themed month. So at least there's that.

I'm using the coming hiatus to work on another personal project, and it's not realistic for me to work on two things at once without a team. Or at least, without a blog team.

Lately I've got the feeling that with higher food and gas prices, and my need to write about obscure topics, I'm not going to have much to write about this year.

The Rebel Palate isn't going to end, necessarily, because I don't feel like it's been long enough, but I'm also not completely against stopping.

I've learned a lot about how blogging actually works, about myself, and obviously about the subjects I've covered. It wouldn't feel like a completely pointless endeavor if I quit. Even though I've gotten barely any recognition for all this work.

I kinda figure no one really cares anyway? Nobody really "interacts" with my content that much, so I figure this blog's disappearance will be a mild disappointment at worst. You know, if I actually stop posting forever.

I think there might still be a Month of The Weird, but I don't know if it'll be more than one post. All I know is I definitely have an idea for MOTW 2022.

So anyway, stay tuned and stay sexy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quest For The Biggy Iggy! (Part Two)

Happy Labor Day, rebels. In the first part, I found out not only are Biggy Iggy and Chewy Louie still around, they’re at Richmond Market of Richmond, Vermont. (Click here to jump to the recommended song, "The Swag" by Link Wray and his Ray Men!) Happy Labor Day, rebels. In the first part, I found out not only are Biggy Iggy and Chewy Louie still around, they’re at Richmond Market of Richmond, Vermont. And that using Google instead of DuckDuckGo and just letting the store’s website load would have gotten me that information much faster. The Biggy Iggy is a whopping seven ounce, 530 calorie ice cream sandwich that brags about its “premium vanilla ice cream” between two chocolate-chip cookies that stay chewy right out of the freezer. They also get a lot of hype by the people who have had them before. According to the Flash Microsite, one convenience store cashier said “Biggy Iggies sell like flapjacks on a cold morning in Wisconsin.” The people of Massachusetts

Biggy Iggy Update! (Part Two Release Date, Microsite and Shirt Reveal!)

(Click here to jump to the recommended song, Pickpocket by Brian Setzer!)   Howdy Rebels, Kat here with an important update on The Quest For The Biggy Iggy. The mission is a go! My family and I are going on a road trip to Vermont to get our hands on the fabled ice cream sandwiches. I will post my review on Monday, September 6th, AKA Labor Day. You may have read Part One and wondered, "Why go all the way to Vermont when you can order them on Richmond Market's website ?" An excellent question, dear rebels. As Wordgirl's best villain, Dr. Two-Brains so eloquently puts it:     The linear way feels too easy. Sure I can order the Biggy Iggys online, but so can anybody. I wanna make it a journey. Plus, conventionality gives me hives. I've also found the .swf file for the Biggy Iggy and Chewie Louie microsite!   Here's a video demonstration.     I also uploaded the .swf file to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KO7Jssdg3lEuYQGvU8f5k1hTNcYvMMb5/view?us

Learn About ANY "Nerdy" Food!

Geeking out is fun, but everyone must start somewhere. It can be intimidating to get into the culture of food. Here are five tips to get you started. (Click here to jump to the recommended song, Savoy Brownie by Joe McDermott!) You may have met at least one nerd over your lifetime. This nerd is super knowledgeable about a specific food or beverage. Though they seem crazy, you're secretly jealous of how much they know about this specific thing. You wonder, "how does anyone get into that thing?" You start doing research, but everything you find assumes you know about it to begin with, or there's all this jargon you don't understand. Maybe there's so much variety you don't know where to start. I've been both the nerd and the non-nerd many times, and I'm here to tell you from experience how I've overcome that beginner's terror. #1. KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO LEARN. You want to learn about a food, but what specifically about it? The histo