Skip to main content

Moving to Neocities!

Howdy, Rebels!

The Rebel Palate will no longer update on its Blogspot site. Instead, new posts will appear on the new Neocities site at rebelpalate.neocities.org.

So why the move?

Neocities is heavily community-based. Much like Wordpress, all templates and external tools are provided by people who use the service. Plus, I like that I can edit everything manually.

That being said, Blogger was a necessary first step. If I'd gotten onto Neocities sooner, I would have been overwhelmed and probably given up.

Since I finally have a job, I may get the $5/month "supporter" membership. That would give me my own domain and more storage, among other things. This being a blog, it won't be long before I need the extra space.

And yes, all of this means The Rebel Palate is officially back.

I can't say much of my new posting schedule, because of my new job and my big project, but I will at least sort-of-ish try.

I'm thinking to do a lot more short posts, and hopefully one "big" post per month. 

I also want to make the "big" posts into video versions. I know most people would rather watch (or let's face it: listen to) a video than read an article. The Youtube channel is here.

As for blog posts, I'm pretty sure people would rather read shorter things.

I plan to start the actual posts in December, but once again you can see the new site here.

Until then, stay sexy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quest For The Biggy Iggy! (Part Two)

Happy Labor Day, rebels. In the first part, I found out not only are Biggy Iggy and Chewy Louie still around, they’re at Richmond Market of Richmond, Vermont. (Click here to jump to the recommended song, "The Swag" by Link Wray and his Ray Men!) Happy Labor Day, rebels. In the first part, I found out not only are Biggy Iggy and Chewy Louie still around, they’re at Richmond Market of Richmond, Vermont. And that using Google instead of DuckDuckGo and just letting the store’s website load would have gotten me that information much faster. The Biggy Iggy is a whopping seven ounce, 530 calorie ice cream sandwich that brags about its “premium vanilla ice cream” between two chocolate-chip cookies that stay chewy right out of the freezer. They also get a lot of hype by the people who have had them before. According to the Flash Microsite, one convenience store cashier said “Biggy Iggies sell like flapjacks on a cold morning in Wisconsin.” The people of Massachusetts...

DIY Birch Beer

(Click here to jump to the recommended song, An American Trilogy as performed by Elvis Presley!) Monday is Memorial Day, and what's more patriotic than making a beverage for your cookout using an ingredient from your own backyard? If you're a New Englander like me, you may have seen bottles of birch beer in restaurant fridges or even at your local grocery store. If you've never tasted it, it has a delighful wintergreen taste that slightly resembles root beer. I myself have drunk storebought versions and made my own for years! Now it's time to show you how. NOTE: This recipe takes HOURS to make, so you may want to do this on a day off... maybe Sunday!   Also, this is a non-alcoholic recipe. If you're looking for a fermented birch beer, there are plenty of other tutorials for that on equally rebellious blogs. ;) I may make such a tutorial myself once I'm of age. YOU WILL NEED: - Sharp, straight-edged knife - Mixing Bowl - Pot/Saucepan - Hella birch twigs - Sugar ...

A Decent Cup of Tea (Book Review)

A Decent Cup of Tea   A tea-related post from me? Way overdue. Here I review a book where some Irish guy teaches us how not to suck at brewing tea. (Click here to jump to the recommended song, A Decent Cup of Tea by Frank Turner!) Howdy, rebels! In my last post , I mentioned that tea is the "food-related item I know most about". A friend suggested that I talk about tea, but I didn't know what to say about it until now.   This is because I don't like repeating readily available information. I could drop some tea knowledge on the Rebel Palate, but I would feel dishonest knowing there are already so many better sources . This doesn't mean I can't talk about tea at all, though- I can talk about a book about tea.   I've noticed a lack of "proper" reviews for A Decent Cup of Tea by Malachi McCormick. It's popular among tea lovers, but not in the wider scope, so I thought I would post about it here. The book contains history, advice ...